Choosing the right packing and moving company can be a tricky business especially when you have lots of options around you. Here are the steps we recommend for hiring the right packers and movers:
- Check with Friends and Family – Talk to friends and family about the companies they have used for packing and moving and get their reviews. Add the companies with good reviews from people you know to your list.
- Check Google – Check what Google has to say about the best packing and moving companies in your area and compare their services. Add the companies offering the services you need to your list.
- Compare ratings and reviews – Now, look at the ratings and reviews of the companies on your list. Shortlist the ones with the best reviews and ratings (keep in mind that reviews may not be entirely reliable as good reviews can be bought these days). A rule of thumb here would be to stick to the companies with a rating of 4 and above out of 5. Also, more the number of reviews, more likely will the company be reliable as it has been vetted by more people.
- Compare costs – Call the companies or visit their branch offices to get a quote about the cost of packing and moving. Companies have different pricing mechanisms so review them carefully. Also, make sure that there will be no hidden costs. For example, ask them if the toll tax has been included in the quote.
- Check the timeline – Many companies charge by the hour. So, check the timeline that the company has given you for packing, loading, transporting and unloading. Compare the timelines of different companies and go for the one that’s an average of shorter timelines and longer timelines. We don’t advise you to go for the company with the shortest timeline as packers, when they try to rush processes, they may do an unreliable job with the packing or end up mishandling items.
- Insurance – Check the insurance policies that the packing and moving companies are providing. Many times the insurance policies have a lot of clauses which make it difficult to make insurance claims in the case of damages or lost items. Make sure that the insurance policy that you are getting is comprehensive and does not have too many unnecessary conditions.
Looking for a reliable, efficient and cost-effective moving and packing company based in Toronto? HK Movers is an all-round local and long-distance moving company that excels at home and corporate moving. We are based in Brampton, Greater Toronto Area (GTA), and we offer our moving services locally in all areas of Toronto, and long-distance across all parts of Canada. Get a free quote for our packing and moving services by filling in the Free Quote form on our website or call us on 416-524-6704. We promise quick, hassle-free services and competitive prices.