LONG DISTANCE MOVING TIPS
1. Book your long distance move as far in advance as possible to have enough time for preparation.
2. You may want to pack the items you will need first in a clear plastic bin.
3. In addition to labeling what’s in your boxes, add what room they’ll be going into, as well.
4. Pack your china and plates vertically, like records. They’ll be less likely to break when moving long distance.
5. You can choose to not empty dresser drawers for local or long distance moving, but make sure they are sealed.
6. Make sure you don’t lose the small parts from disassembled items.
7. Books should be packed in smaller and thicker boxes because they are heavy.
8. Take a photo of your electronics’ wiring connections before disassembling so you know how to reconnect them.
9. Use wardrobe box for proper packing of closet. Vacuum seal your off-season clothing for local & long distance moving.
10. If you are doing the packing yourself, make sure everything is completely packed before the moving company arrives.
11. It’s always a good idea for you to label and number your boxes regardless of how your moving company will handle the labeling.
12. Pack your liquids in a plastic container then place it in a second container to prevent leaking out.
13. Ask your moving company about their policy on transporting liquids.
14. If you are not taking some items with you, make sure to arrange a pickup for those items in advance. Never leave it for the last day.
15. Take important and sentimental documents and valuable items with you. These items could include: photos, birth certificates, passports, health and records, and insurance documents.
16. Take valuable items such as jewellery and cash with you.
17. Pack what you may need on the road if you are driving to your destination city.
18. Never ship perishable foods with your goods. They will go bad.
19. Remember to unplug your refrigerator two days prior to your move date for defrosting purpose, especially if you are moving long distance.
20. Remember to change your address before you leave your origin city.
21. Close or schedule disconnecting date and time for your utility accounts before leaving your origin city.
22. Cancel your scheduled services and subscriptions such as pest control, gardening service, newspaper and others if any.
23. Make sure parking spot is available for movers to park at both origin and destination. Obtain permits if required.
24. Update your moving company of your phone number and other contact information changes.
25. Have the funds available to pay the movers at destination to avoid unexpected delays and interruptions on your delivery.
26. Check out some online resources for more long distance moving tips.
Please email us with your moving related questions. We will be happy to answer them promptly.
Why Move with Us?
Toronto long distance movers
With over 20 years of experience of offering long distance moving service in Canada, we have proven to be one of Toronto area’s most established, reliable and recognized moving companies. We value all of our customers and treat everyone with utmost respect and professionalism. We also have one of the best and competitive moving prices in Canada. Below is the list of some of our many valuable qualities and qualifications that our customers enjoy along with our best local and long distance moving services and rates.
We are fully insured
Our price is reasonably low for the services we offer
We take pride in our work and love what we do
We will take away your stress of moving and meet your expectations
Our movers are professionally trained
We will handle your goods with care and great sense of responsibility
We offer pre-packing, unpacking, and storage services
Our trucks are regularly serviced and maintained as per manufacturer’s recommendations
We arrive on time to load your goods and deliver as promised
We respect our customers and appreciate their business
We use floor runners when required
We move cars
We ship containers worldwide